Burgers taste so good! No matter what gathering you have—may it be a small get-together or large reunion—burgers are a must-have at the table. You can even order more than you need and eat everything by yourself.
If you decide to do that but end up with extra patties you don’t know what to do with, don’t worry; we have some tips on how to make more tasty dishes you can enjoy. The next time you order your favorite burger, you can try to get some more because you can do so many food variations with them.
#1. Make a Cheeseburger Pasta
Burger and pasta in one? Why not? The recipe is also simple to do. All you need is prepare your favorite macaroni and cheese recipe.
- Cut your leftover hamburgers into small chunks.
- While the pasta is boiling, combine the hamburger chunks with the cheese.
- Add the pasta to the mixture and garnish it with your favorite cheeseburger toppings. You can add sliced tomatoes, red onions, and shredded lettuce.
- Add shredded cheese on the top for more flavor.
- Serve it with a dill pickle on the side.
#2. Create “Meatball” Sandwiches
This is a simple dish you can make if you have spaghetti sauce or marinara at home.
- Cut your leftover hamburgers into quarters and saute them in your red sauce.
- Toast your baguettes until they are nice and crispy.
- Place your sauteed hamburgers on your toasted baguettes.
- Sprinkle the sandwiches with mozzarella or parmesan cheese for more flavor in your sandwich.
#3. Make a Meaty Grilled Cheese
This recipe is similar to how you would make a grilled cheese sandwich but with more burger patties.
- Proceed with how you would make a grilled cheese sandwich but add burger patties in between the bread. If they are too thick, slice them in half lengthwise.
- Add more ingredients if you like. You can add peppers, mushrooms, and grilled onions.
- If you want an ultra cheesy sandwich, add cheese on both sides of the burger.
#4. Turn It into a Shepherd’s Pie
If you also have leftover mashed potatoes and veggies apart from your hamburgers, you can create a pie out of them.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt ¼ stick of butter in a large pan over medium-low heat.
- Saute diced onions until they get tender.
- Add one cup of diced carrots and continue to cook for another ten minutes.
- Add ½ cup of corn and ½ cup of peas.
- Then, add your 1 ½ pounds (680 grams) leftover burger meat.
- Continue to cook until the meat is heated through.
- Add your ½ cup leftover gravy or beef stock.
- Cook them until they are thoroughly heated.
- Add one teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour everything into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Cover the mixture with an even layer of mashed potatoes.
- Cut up ¼ stick of butter and dab them onto the potatoes.
- Bake it for 30 minutes until the whole dish is heated through.
Buying loads of burgers is never a bad decision. You will certainly enjoy eating it in its many forms or varieties. The next time you doubt whether you can finish several burgers, remember the recipes mentioned above. You can turn every little piece into another lovely dish you will surely enjoy.
To make the most out of our recipe recommendations. Make sure you buy the best burger in DC—Manny and Olga’s Famous Burgers! We offer eight different kinds of burgers to munch on. Order now to take advantage of quick delivery in the DC Metro.